José Manuel Quintana Cámara is a professional pianist, music composer, sound designer and producer, born in Valdepeñas (Spain) in 1984.
Since he was a child, he had a great attraction and a gift for one of his passions, music. He started to play the piano on his own, by ear, at the age of 6 and completed the professional degree in music, piano, in the conservatories “Ignacio Morales Nieva” in Valdepeñas and “Marcos Redondo” in Ciudad Real, finishing in 2004, at the same time he studied a MSc in Computer Science. Developing his professional career as an engineer did not stop him from keeping his passion for music alive.
Since his first contact with music, José Manuel was drawn to composition and creativity issues. In 1996, he wrote his first composition “Praça do Comércio” with a simple, melodic and classic style; it was published in 2012 included in his album “Feelinks”.
In 2009, he took up again composition activities. In 2012, he published his first single titled “From the Top of the Cliff” and his first album “Feelinks”, nominated by SoloPiano.com to the best solo piano album of the year 2012 in the category “Classical / Modern Classical”. This year, he also composes his first soundtrack, “Stop Hunger!”, for the documentary “The Third Rider” about hunger and malnutrition in our planet. From this moment, J. M. Quintana Cámara publishes numerous soundtracks for short films and documentaries.
In 2013, J. M. Quintana Cámara becomes the first Spanish pianist and composer member of the pianist network Enlightened Piano Radio, specialized in modern best piano driven music. In 2014, he publishes his second album, “Timeless”, including soundtracks with more instrumentation, but almost always with the piano as the main instrument.
In 2015, J. M. Quintana Cámara receives the Akademia Music Award to the “Best Song Instrumental/Acoustic” for his composition “Moon” and two silver medals in the Global Music Awards in the categories “Composition/Composer” and “Contemporary Classical”, for the composition “The Essence of Life”. J. M. Quintana Cámara also receives a nomination for the renowned Hollywood Music In Media Awards® (HMMA) for his composition “The Essence of Life” in the category “Contemporary Classical / Instrumental”. Also in 2015, Quintana Cámara’s music is selected for the CD “Sounds from the Circle VII”, the most prestigious compilation album of New Age music in the world.
In 2016, his music is chosen to be part of the compilation album “Solo Piano Songs of Peace”. José Manuel receives a new silver medal in the Global Music Awards in the category of “Romantic Piano” for the composition “Give Me Your Hand”.
In 2018, J. M. Quintana Cámara participates in Oticons Faculty 2018 International Film Music Competition, becoming a top-20 finalist of the competition among 209 participants from all over the world. He receives a new silver medal in the Global Music Awards in the category “Soundtrack film and TV” for the original sountrack of the feature documentary film “Tracks on the Sand”. His original soundtrack “Pigmalion” is nominated for best score in the “Bucharest ShortCut Cinefest” film festival.
In 2019, he receives the Hollywood Music in Media Awards to the best original score of short film (live action) for “Paper Boats” in The Avalon Theatre (Hollywood, Los Angeles).
Although he received a strong classical music education, he enjoys composing any style of music and any combination of musical instruments, from classical to contemporary music and soundtracks especially. His own music is generally melodic, passionate, elegant, energetic, deep, sentimental, relaxing, peaceful, soothing, inspirational and romantic, reflecting life experiences and feelings.
Nowadays, J. M. Quintana Cámara is involved in new personal music projects and composing scores for films and documentaries. He also teaches classical and modern piano, music theory, composition and music production.
- 2019. Hollywood Music in Media Awards (HMMA) winner, “Best Score of Short Film (Live Action)” for PAPER BOATS.
- 2018. Top 20 Finalist among 209 participants in Oticons Faculty International Film Music Competition 2018.
- 2018. Best Score Nominee in Bucharest ShortCut Cinefest 2018 for the original soundtrack of the short film PIGMALION.
- 2018. Silver medal in the Global Music Awards in the category of “Soundtrack, Film and TV” for the original soundtrack of the feature film documentary TRACKS ON THE SAND.
- 2016. Silver medal in the Global Music Awards in the category of “Romantic Piano” for the composition GIVE ME YOUR HAND.
- 2016. Music selected for the compilation album “Solo Piano Songs of Peace” by Enlightened Piano Radio.
- 2015. Music selected for the CD “Sounds from the Circle VII”, the most prestigious compilation album of New Age music in the world.
- 2015. Nomination in Hollywood Music In Media Awards (HMMA) in the category “Contemporary Classical / Instrumental” for THE ESSENCE OF LIFE.
- 2015. Two silver medals in the Global Music Awards in the categories “Composition/Composer” and “Contemporary Classical” for THE ESSENCE OF LIFE.
- 2015. Akademia Music Award winner in the category “Best Song Instrumental/Acoustic” for MOON.
- 2013. First Spanish pianist and composer to become Enlightened Piano Radio Artist.
- 2012. Album FEELINKS, nominated by SoloPiano.com for the best solo piano album of the year 2012 in the category “Classical / Modern Classical”.